WhatsApp Messenger is still not available as an Apple Watch app, but the watch still receives notifications through your iPhone. But there are third party apps that let you use WhatsApp on Apple Watch. We’re not just talking about push notifications, but you can even respond to the chat in real time. Let’s see how you can do this!
Also, read | How to use WhatsApp on your tablet, iPad, Windows PC and Mac
Steps to use WhatsApp on Apple Watch
The app I’m going to use here is not related to Apple or Facebook in any way. It is a third party application created by some developers to help you. You can just ignore this and wait for the publisher’s official release.
- Download Chatify for WhatsApp from the App Store on your iOS device.
- Launch the Chatify app for WhatsApp on your Apple Watch and you will be prompted with a QR Code to scan.
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone and go to Settings> WhatsApp Web / Office> Scan QR code.
- This will open your iPhone camera, just scan the QR code on your Apple Watch.
- If successful, your WhatsApp messages will appear on your Apple Watch.
- You can now use the app just like any app on your Apple Watch.
- You can even reply to messages using just your Apple Watch.
Of course, if you are concerned about your privacy, you need to make sure what permissions you allow this app.
This app uses WhatsApp web service to display your chat on your Apple Watch. So, to keep using WhatsApp on your watch, you need to keep your phone connected to the internet at all times. This is a nice change from the developer of this app.
For more tips and tricks, stay tuned!
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, opinions on smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse the Youtube channel.
Some other useful tips and tricks for you