After the surge in COVID-19 cases, the Delhi government announced a curfew in the nation’s capital from Monday April 19 at 10 p.m. The weeklong curfew will last until 5 a.m. on Monday April 26. During this period, all non-essential services in the capital will remain prohibited and people are advised not to leave their homes unless it is really necessary. For people who must travel during the lockdown, an e-pass will be required. Here I tell you how to apply for Delhi Lock e-pass online.
Delhi Lockdown E-pass
If you already have a Night Curfew e-pass, you don’t need to apply for the upcoming curfew separately. Here are the details of who needs an e-pass and how they can apply online.
Who can request an e-pass?
The Delhi government issues this e-Pass for those who are engaged in certain types of essential services but do not have a valid ID or government ID. The following people can request an e-pass:
- Those who get vaccinated and don’t have a prescription.
- People working in private banks, insurance offices.
- People go to ATMs or banks.
- Private security personnel without valid ID.
- People working in broadcasting, cable, computer and Internet services.
Those who are exempt from showing an e-pass are all private medical personnel, print and electronic media personnel on the production of valid ID cards.
In addition, students taking an exam and people coming from / going to the train station / airport with valid tickets are not required to present an e-pass. Additionally, no separate e-pass is required for interstate and intrastate transportation of essential items.
How to request an e-pass online
1. Those who are eligible for an e-pass can visit the Delhi government e-pass website: https://epass.jantasamvad.org/epass/init/
2. On the home page, click on the preferred language for your Hindi or English e-pass.
3. Select e-pass for curfew from the drop-down list and a form will open in which the person will have to fill in personal information such as name, phone number and district to travel.
4. After that, enter the type of service and the date and time of the trip.
5. Finally, you will also need to present proof of identity and other documents related to your service.
6. After that, check the confirmation box and click on the Submit button. After that, an e-pass number will be generated once it has been approved by the government.
7. You can check the approval status with the generated e-pass number.
8. Once the pass is approved, you will receive an SMS on your given phone number.
You can then download the e-pass to your smartphone or take a hard copy to use.
Here’s how you can apply for and download an e-pass to travel during the Delhi lockdown. We ask our readers not to go outside unless it is really urgent. Stay home, stay safe.
And for more technical tips, stay tuned for gadgets to use.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, opinions on smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or for the latest review videos, subscribe GadgetsToUse the Youtube channel.
Some other useful tips and tricks for you