As India is currently hit by the worst wave of Covid-19, the government has decided to open vaccination to all adults for the first time since the start of the campaign. The government will also continue to vaccinate those who were declared eligible earlier, including frontline workers over 45. These people can register online to be vaccinated. But the Covid vaccine registration for everyone over 18 will open on April 28 via the CoWIN platform and the Arogya Setu app. Here is how you can sign up to receive the dose.
Also, read | 3 ways to find the nearest COVID-19 vaccination center online
COVID vaccine registration for everyone over 18
Those who will now be eligible for the Covid vaccine can register through the CoWIN website and the Aarogya Setu app. According to the MoHFW, registrations will begin on April 28. Here are the two ways to register.
It is stipulated that #CoWin The portal will be ready for more than 18 beneficiaries by April 24.
Registration for citizens aged 18 and over to make appointments (from May 1) will begin on April 28.@PMOIndia @drharshvardhan @AshwiniKChoubey @PIB_India @DDNewslive
– Ministry of Health (@MoHFW_INDIA) April 22, 2021
1. Registration via the CoWIN portal
- Go to the CoWIN portal and click on Register or Log in yourself.
- On the next page, enter your mobile number and click on Get OTP. After that, an OTP will be sent to your phone. Enter it on the site and click Verify.
- On the Register for Vaccination page, enter the details including proof of photo ID, ID number, name, gender and year of birth, then click Register.
- Once registered, you will see your account details. Here you will have the possibility to make an appointment.
- Click the Schedule Appointment or Calendar icon next to the registrant’s name.
- After that, enter your regional PIN code and click on Search to get the list of vaccination centers. Once the centers are displayed, select one, then choose your preferred date and time and finally click on Confirm.
You can add up to four members through a single account on the Cowin portal. You can also reschedule your appointment by following similar steps.
2. Registration via the Aarogya Setu app
- Open the Aarogya Setu app on your phone and click on the Vaccination tab on the home page.
- Enter your mobile number and click Proceed to verification. Enter OTP and click Verify.
- You will then be redirected to the Vaccination Registration page.
Here you will be asked for the same details as mentioned above in the process through the CoWIN portal. So the rest of the registration process is the same here.
COVID vaccine price in India
The COVID vaccination campaign in India currently has vaccines – Covaxin, developed by India Bharat Biotech and Covishield, developed by Oxford-AstraZeneca, and is manufactured by the Serum Institute of India. Apart from these two, the Russian Sputnik will also be used soon.
For people over 45, Covishield and Covaxin are available free of charge from government hospitals and private hospitals, these people can get vaccinated for Rs 250.
But for people between the ages of 18 and 45, the Serum Institute of India has announced the prices of its vaccine.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT pic.twitter.com/bTsMs8AKth
– SerumInstituteIndia (@SerumInstIndia) April 21, 2021
For those over 18, the Serum vaccine would cost Rs. 400 in public hospitals and Rs. 600 in private hospitals. However, this does not mean that this will be the maximum you will pay and it may also include additional costs (taxes) once the vaccination has started.
If we are talking about Covaxin, it is currently free in central government vaccination centers and at Rs 250 in a private hospital for people 45 and over. Bharat Biotech has yet to announce prices for Covaxin for all. Once they do, we’ll update this article.
It should be noted here that some state governments (like Uttar Pradesh and Bihar) have announced that they are offering free vaccination for everyone.
COVID vaccine dosing schedule
If we are talking about dosage, each individual should take two injections of the vaccine. According to the CoWIN portal, the second dose of Covaxin should be taken any time between 28 and 42 days after the first and the second dose of Covishield should be taken between 28 days and 56 days.
We suggest our readers to also register for the vaccine if they are eligible once registration opens. Also follow the guidelines set by the government to stop the spread. Stay home, stay safe! And for such articles stay tuned with us !!
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, opinions on smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse the Youtube channel.