Photos create memories that can last forever. Sometimes colored photos offer more emotions than others because of the colors obviously. You might have some old black and white photos, so what if I tell you you can turn them into color photos. Nowadays, you can even turn old still photos into videos. But since colorful photos will look more natural, you may want to turn them into color first. Do not worry! Here are some ways to color your black and white photos online for free.
Also, read | [Trending] 3 best apps to make your photos sing on Android and iPhone
Ways to color your black and white photos
You may have heard of many online tools and software that can color black and white photos. But not all websites provide satisfactory results or sometimes the process takes time, or even sometimes it is not free. So, here are some quick online tools to color your photos and these are absolutely free.
This tool automatically colors your images in black and white. Algorithmia’s algorithm is based on Deep Learning which detects living and non-living objects and colors them accordingly. The process is pretty straightforward and here’s how to use it:
1. Visit Algorithmia and select the Colorize option from the menu. Or you can directly visit https://demos.algorithmia.com/colorize-photos
2. You can either click on DOWNLOAD to download a photo from your PC or add the image by pasting a URL in the given box.
3. After that, click on the COLORIZE button and wait for the website to color your picture.
Once the process is complete, you will see the comparison of black and white and color images so that you can compare the before and after photos by dragging the slider. You can download either the comparison or the colorized photo.
We have already mentioned this website which can turn your old still photos into GIFs and moving videos. Well, it has another tool which can fill the colors of your old black and white photos as well. Here’s how to use this tool:
1. Visit the MyHeritage website and select Colorize Photos in the Photos section of the Home page. Or you can directly visit this URL: https://www.myheritage.com/incolor
2. Click “Upload Photo” or drag and drop a photo to the given location. The website will then automatically start coloring the photo once it is uploaded.
3. Once done, you will be able to see the comparison photo between black and white and color photos by dragging the bar.
That’s it! You can now upload the colorized version of your photo or comparison photo by clicking on the “upload” button in the side menu.
Besides coloring, the website also offers other photo editing tools as well as a feature to animate the pictures.
Lunapic can also add color to a photo but it offers slightly different results from other tools as it does not do the job automatically or manually. Instead, it uses a color gradient or two-tone filters and thus adds two colors to the image. So, the colors may not look true to the image, but if you choose the right colors, it gives a good result.
1. Open the Lunapic website and click the Download button in the menu bar to add your picture for coloring.
2. After your photo has uploaded, click Filters, then select Gradient Color or Two-Color Color from the drop-down list.
3. Next, choose the colors for the top and bottom of your image and click the Apply button.
That’s it. You can save the result by clicking the button at the bottom to download the image. You can also save it by clicking File and selecting Save.
Lunapic is a versatile photo editing tool that comes with a lot of features and one of my favorites is removing the background from pictures.
These are the tools for coloring your black and white photos online. We hope that you will not face any problem while using the tools listed above. Tell us in the comments which one is your favorite. For more tools like this, stay tuned!
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphone and gadget reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse the Youtube channel.