Have you accidentally deleted your Spotify playlist? Well being a music lover I can understand the pain of accidentally deleting a playlist full of your favorite music. However, there is not much to worry about as Spotify gives you the option to restore and recover all the playlists you deleted. Here is a step-by-step guide on how you can recover deleted playlists on Spotify.
Related | How to Disable Spotify Ads Without Paying the Premium
Recover Deleted Playlists on Spotify
Deleting a Spotify playlist is pretty easy: you go to the playlist, open the menu, tap Delete Playlist and boom, go. Recovering it isn’t a two-click process, but it’s still quite easy, and anyone can get their deleted Spotify playlists back in minutes, provided they’ve been deleted within the last 90 years. days. Yes, you cannot recover playlists that have been deleted for more than 90 days.
Deleted playlists can be recovered by logging into the Spotify website. Below we have mentioned detailed steps for mobile and desktop users.
Recover Spotify Playlists to Desktop
Many people listen to music on their PC through the Spotify desktop app. If you accidentally deleted a playlist on your computer, you can instantly recover it by pressing Ctrl+WITH (on Windows) or Cmd+WITH (on Mac).
However, if it’s been a while, follow the steps below:
- Open the Spotify app on your PC.
- Click the arrow in the upper right corner.
- Tap on Account (you can also visit spotify.com/account directly).
- Once the web page loads, scroll down and press Recover playlists in the sidebar on the left.
- Now you will see all deleted playlists with the date you originally deleted them and the number of songs in the playlist.
- Click on Restore next to the playlist to restore it to your Spotify account.
Now go back to the Spotify app and check your recovered playlist.
Recover Spotify Playlists on Android, iOS
Unlike the Spotify desktop app, there is no shortcut to go back if you’ve unintentionally deleted a playlist. You will need to follow the standard process of restoring playlist from Spotify website as follows:
- Open the browser on your Android or iPhone.
- Visit spotify.com and sign in with your account if you haven’t already.
- Tap the hamburger menu at the top right and select Account.
- Now select Recover playlists in the drop-down menu at the top.
- Here you will see all the playlists you deleted next to the date and number of songs.
- Click on Restore to retrieve the desired Spotify playlist.
The playlist you recover will be automatically restored in the Spotify app. You can listen to it again without any problem.
Recovered playlists not showing on Spotify?
Are the recovered playlists not showing on your Spotify app? Recovered playlists are usually restored to “Playlist” tab within a few minutes. However, if they still don’t appear, try the troubleshooting steps below.
- Close your Spotify app, remove it from the recent apps list, and reopen it.
- Force stop the Spotify app. Then open it to check if you see the recovered playlists.
- In the case of a PC, remove Spotify from the task manager or restart your machine.
- Try to create a new playlist. Your recovered playlists will now appear at the bottom of the list.
- Make sure you have an active internet connection.
It was a quick guide on how you can recover deleted playlists on Spotify. Hope you will be successful in recovering your deleted song collection. Anyway, if you have a good playlist, feel free to share it in the comments below. Stay tuned for more tips, tricks and procedures.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, opinions on smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse the Youtube channel.