May 20, 2021
Tags: Civility and service, COVID-19, Future prosperity
SALT LAKE CITY (May 20, 2021) – Click here to watch Governor Spencer Cox’s monthly press conference hosted by PBS Utah.
ASL interpretation is provided.
Here are some highlights from this press conference:
- We have now administered over 2.4 million total doses of the COVID-19 vaccine! About 55% of all eligible people in Utah have received at least one dose, and we expect that number to increase.
- Nationally, 4% of 12-15 year olds have received at least one dose of a coronavirus vaccine. In Utah, we lead that percentage with 9%. Almost 20,000 children in this age group have received their first dose!
- Immunizations in our multicultural communities continue to improve. Yesterday 41.8% of Asian adults, 34.6% of Hispanic adults, 24% of black adults, and 23.4% of our Native Hawaiian / Pacific Islander community received at least one dose.
- We will sign the bill that removes mask warrants in schools this fall.
- We’re heading into what could be the worst drought and fire season we’ve seen in Utah. If you are camping, driving a trailer, or pulling, be aware of your surroundings.
- The state is also doing its part. We are working on conservation efforts, xeriscaping and more.
Learn more by watching the full talk on YouTube or Facebook. You can find the latest information on the coronavirus in Utah at coronavirus.utah.gov.