Most social media apps and websites have this “People You Know or Maybe Follow” section to show you some suggestions you can connect with on this platform. Sometimes this feature is useful for connecting with your acquaintances, but sometimes it can be boring too. You can therefore also deactivate this feature on most platforms, as we have already explained to you how to remove “people you may know” on Facebook. Today we’re going to show you how to remove the “Who to Follow” section on Twitter.
Also, read | 2 ways to hide sponsored tweets from your Twitter journal
Remove the Who to Follow section on Twitter
Twitter shows you recommendations based on your interests and the other accounts you follow. You can turn off these recommendations directly from your timeline or from your account settings. Here are the two methods explained!
1. Remove directly from the timeline
You see the Who To Follow section on your timeline between tweets. You can disable this feature by following the steps below:
1. Go to the “Who to Follow” section and press three vertical points in its upper right corner.
2. Now at the bottom you will see “See less often”, tap it.
3. That’s it! Twitter will now show you fewer of these recommendations.
This method is not very effective because it only decreases the frequency of the number of times you see the “Who to watch” section. So move on to the next method.
2. Delete through notification settings
This method completely disables all recommendations from Twitter, whether based on your interests or the accounts you follow. Here’s how to remove this:
1. Open the Twitter app on your phone, then tap the hamburger menu on the left side.
2. Here, press “Settings and privacy” then select “Notifications” from the next menu.
3. Now press “Email notifications” basically.
4. Here, scroll down and under the ‘From Twitter’ section, uncheck the boxes next to “Suggestions for recommended accounts” and “Suggestions based on your recent subscriptions”.
That’s it. Twitter will now stop showing you recommended accounts to follow.
So those were the two ways to remove the “Who to follow” section on Twitter. For more quick tips and tricks, stay tuned!
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphone and gadget reviews, join GadgetsToUse telegram group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.